Wednesday, July 22, 2009

If You Want My Love



IF YOU WANT MY LOVE-MELVIN SPARKS
SET IT OUT-DETROIT EMERALDS

so, I just came back from Toronto, where the hip hop culture is certainly poppin off, as well as the record and creative music scene! Big shout out to all the homies some old, some new: Fathom, Kaewonder, Alixander, Bastid, Serious, Dopey, Catalist, Blaz, Bboys: Q-Rock and Heist, as well as Epic and Chaps! and of course all the lovely Ladies!
apologies for not posting for a minute, but summer gets pretty hectic..............this is a classic I wanted to upload, Melvin Sparks featuring Jimmy Scott from Westbound off his '75 album, which to me was so banging, (but didn't sell many copies) that two years later on the Detroit Emeralds album: Feel The Need, it was replayed, and with different lyrics by the Detroit Emeralds, which has a nice little 1 bar break towards the end-----my vote, the Melvin version all the way baby

No comments:

Post a Comment